With this guide you will learn how to install the international firmware on a Chinese Meizu M5. The international firmware has no Chinese apps anymore and the Google Playstore can be installed with one click. Many languages are also preinstalled.
Note: The instruction is carried out at your own risk. We are not liable for any damages.
- Charge the device to at least 30% of the battery
- Download and unpack this .rar archive with your PC
- Download the international ROM with the mobile phone and move it to the main directory of the mobile phone storage.
Switch device ID with SP-Flashtool
When trying to install the international ROM on the Meizu M5 you get displayed “Firmware corrupt”. Actually, however, this means that your device has the Chinese ID. After the next part of this manual, you can install the international firmware.
- Install the setup file in the drivers folder.
- Resets the Meizu M5 to the factory settings. Back up your pictures, videos, etc.
- Starts the flash_tool.exe file in the folder Flashtool.
- Click on “Download Agent” and select the file DA_PL.bin in the folder Flashtool.
- Click on “Scatter-Loading” and select the file “MT6750_ Android _scatter” in the folder Images
- In the “preloader” entry, click “Location” and select the “preloader_M1611.bin” file from the “Images” folder. The settings should look as follows:
- Press Ctrl + Alt + v to switch to Advanced mode in the SP-Flashtool. Activate under “Window” “Write Memory”.
- Open the small folder next to “File Path” and select the “devinfo” file in the folder Images.
- Enter the following value in “Begin Address (HEX): 0x2a300000
- Press “Write Memory”
- Now connect your switched off Meizu M5 to the PC. The device ID is newly flashed and the process should be confirmed with a green circle as successfully completed. If this is not the case, press the volume + button and the power button simultaneously to switch on the mobile phone until the Meizu logo appears.
- Finished. You can now install the International Firmware.
Installation of the international firmware
- Disconnect your phone from the PC and turn it off. The international ROM is already stored on the main memory of your mobile phone.
- Press and hold the Volume + Button and the Power Button at the same time until you are in the Recovery menu. Select “System Update” and “Clear Data”.
Google Playstore Install
- Open the app “Hot Apps” on the Meizu M5 and select “Google Installer”
- The installer installs the Google services. Leave your phone unused during the process. After installation, the device restarts. Finished