The Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 is not yet available in the Global version, so it will get to you without the Google Play Store! But that’s no problem: you only need 4 things to install the Play Store:
- The Mi Pad 4
- USB-C data cable (contained in the scope of delivery)
- A PC
- The .apk
Alternatively you can download the file directly with your Xiaomi Mi Pad 4! MIUI can unpack the .zip file and you don’t need a PC anymore
- Download the file ( Google_installier.apk), connect the Mi Pad 4 with the USB-C cable and make sure you select “Data Transfer” in the fast access menu with MIUI.
- Now drag the .apk onto the tablet – we have simply selected the “Download” folder of the Mi Pad 4
- MIUI comes with pre-installed File Manager, where you can install the file
- Basically you only have to click through the installation: the installer asks for permissions already during the process – click through and at the end you have installed everything on the Mi Pad 4
It is important that you give Google Play Store and Google Play Services the appropriate rights at the end. If you don’t do this, the App Store only allows apps up to 50mb and shows the error code 0 for larger files. Under MIUI and Mi Pad 4 proceed as follows:
- Settings -> Installed Apps -> Downloaded (at the top of the tab)
- Select „Google Play Store“ and then „Google Play Services“
- To be on the safe side, simply give the services all permissions in the “Permission Manager”.
Now you have a Mi Pad 4 with Google Play Store, MIUI and can install your apps. As soon as the global version of the tablet appears, you can install MIUI in the global version on the device. You will find out how this works then on our website!