If your Smartisan Nut Pro 2 comes with a Chinese Custom ROM and you can’t perform OTA updates, you’ve come to the right place. The best thing to do is to indicate already when ordering that you want to receive a device with official Chinese ROM. Otherwise, the online shops provide the devices with an adapted but unfortunately not well functioning Global ROM. With the help of these instructions, you can free your Smartisan Nut Pro 2 from the custom ROM and get a clean official system with Playstore and also receive OTA updates.
- Order a deepflash cable on Aliexpress or Amazon.
- Download this flash package with official China ROM and Flashtool
- You have to deactivate the digital driver signature of Windows (Go to instructions)
- These instructions also work with Smartisan Nut Pro 2!
- Backup all data of your device! The execution of the instructions is at your own risk! Be sure to have at least 50% battery!
Install Smartisan Nut Pro 2 official China ROM
- Unpack the RAR files “QPST.WIN.2.7+Installer-00441.3” und “坚果Pro2_通用线刷救砖包 V4.1.1” first.
- Then install QPST 2.7 (QFIL).
- Open QFIL and click on Flat Build, then click on Browse and select the file “prog_emmc_ufs_firehose_Sdm660_ddr.elf” in the folder “SEKSA-mol%osborn-rom-4.1.0-osborn-user-20171213-100237-32g”. To find the file simply select “FireHose Programmer ELF” at the bottom right (see screenshot).
- Click on Load XML and select “rawprogram_unsparse.xml”, after that select Patch0.xml.
- Now switch off the Smartisan Nut 2 Pro and connect the deep flash cable to the mobile phone. Then press and hold the button on the cable and connect it to the PC. After 5 seconds release the button and you will hear the classic Windows sound that indicates a connected USB device. Now click on “Download” and the flash will be executed. The first restart may take a little longer.
Install Google Playstore on Smartisan Nut Pro 2
Smartisan makes it very easy for us here. First go to the “Market” (Smartisan App store), then click on the search icon and search for “Google GMS”. Install the Playstore and Google Services. That’s it!
Smartisan Nut Pro 2 – set apps to other languages
Switching the Google Playstore to other languages does not only mean that the Playstore will appear in another language: by following these instructions, all apps downloaded from the Playstore will also be installed in your preferred language. First, you have to download the program Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Execute the .exe file and install the program, then start it.
- Navigate to the options menu on your Smartisan device, select “About this phone” and then tap several times on “System version” until the developer options are activated.
- Under “advanced settings” you will find the “developer options”, activate “USB debugging” there.
- Connect the phone to the PC and enter “adb.exe devices” in the black window.
- Your mobile phone should now be listed there and behind a combination of numbers could be written “unauthorized”. If this is the case, simply go back to the developer options, deactivate USB debugging again and then select “Revoke USB debugging authorizations”. Then confirm everything and enter “adb.exe devices” again on the PC. Now the combination of numbers should be followed by “device”. (If your Smartisan device is still not found, you must first install the necessary drivers using PDAnet. Just click through the setup of the program.)
- Now download and install the app „Morelocale 2“ from the Playstore on your smartphone.
- Type “adb shell” into the black window on your PC and then enter “pm grant jp.co.c_lis.ccl.morelocale android.permission.CHANGE_CONFIGURATION” and confirm.
- Disconnect the smartphone from the PC and select the desired language in the app “Morelocale 2”.
- That’s it, your Playstore and all apps are now available in your preferred language.