In the following How-To you will learn how to deactivate the standard system launcher of Vivo Nex or Vivo Nex Ultimate and change to another launcher (Nova, Apex etc.). The launcher change is unfortunately not easily possible, as you need a Vivo account and you only get a Vivo account with a chinese phone number. Here is how you do it:
Get a Chinese Phone number
- you have to register at http://onlinesim.ru/en
- Then you have to load at least 2 Russian roubles on his account, that’s a few cents, I’ve made by PayPal.
- Then you have to choose China as country and telegram as service. After a few seconds you will receive a number valid for 10 minutes.
- With this you can then create a new account in the smartphone settings. The received code is displayed on the website after a few seconds.
- Enter the mobile phone number without any symbols starting with a 0 (without +86).
Vivo Nex – How to change to another Launcher
Write an e-mail to [email protected] with the following content:
“Hello, I have bought a Vivo Nex and now I need a Public Account. Because I dont have a chinese phone Number, I cannot register. Can you please send me an account login? Thanks for your help.” Vivo usually sends you the logins within one day.
- Go to Settings/Accounts & Sync and add your account
- Go to Settings/More Settings/Security/Replace the System Launcher and select there only the option “Allow the launcher to be replaced”.
- Go to Settings/More Settings/Security/Device Manager and select the launcher of your choice
- Go to Settings/More Settings/Applications/Default App Settings and select the launcher of your choice under “Home screen”
- Immediatly Restart your device by holding down the power button and selecting “Restart”.